DUE – TUESDAY, MAR 26th by 9PM on Google Site:
‘Documentary Filmmaking Techniques & Strategies’ Title each short film clip:
1. The Art of Making: Flamenca Guitars “https://vimeo.com/43005056
2. Influencers https://vimeo.com/16430345
3. Made by Hand / No 2 The Knife Maker https://vimeo.com/31455885
4. Varanasi, India: Beyond https://vimeo.com/55246312
5. Afghanistan: Touchdown in Flight https://vimeo.com/31426899
I. As you watch each film make a list of all the different filming techniques/styles used by the filmmakers (ie. use of black and white photos).
For each technique, discuss why it was used and how it contributes to the creativity of the documentary. Does it help to emphasize a point? Is it entertaining? Does it contribute to the idea of ‘showing’ rather than ‘telling’?
II. Upon watching documentary clip – identify FILMMAKING TECHNIQUES and how used in areas of:
III. How are these FILMMAKING TECHNIQUES used individually or in combination with each other to create a particular a FEELING or EFFECT?
IV. How might you APPLY FILMMAKING TECHNIQUES into your own documentary film? BRAINSTORM 1-2 EXAMPLES