FINAL CUT CHECKLIST
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING CHECKLIST BELOW BEFORE EXPORTING FINAL OUTPUTS AND TRANSFERING ONTO SERVER, WHEN DONE INFORM TEACHER.
a. Each Genre is clearly established with setting, character, theme, filmmaking techniques, costumes/props, mise-en-scene
b. Sound is equalized between live, instrument & foley
c. Establishing shots and sounds set context in the beginning
d. Transitions are clear, connecting story and genre conventions
e. Ending leaves viewer with feeling or thought relevant to genres
f. Opening Title and End Credits have some element of design
g. Output (Title_FC_Names) > Settings H264 > Transfer to server
ASSESSMENT CRITERIA & FEEDBACK QUESTIONS
EACH FILM WILL BE SCREENED TWICE. 2ND TIME AROUND PLEASE TAKE NOTES ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS FOR OTHER FILMS AND YOUR OWN
Setting – Locations, Rough Shot List/Sounds
Characters – Description, archetypes fitting within two genres
Storyline – Big Idea, Beginning, middle and end.
Themes/Motifs – Focus on two genres and blending each creatively
Filmmaking Techniques – Audio, Visual, Editing
Costume/Props/Mise-En Scene – Detailed as possible
– To what extent does your film establish genre conventions & characteristics?
– To what extent are you setting context, establishing setting, characters, theme, filmmaking techniques, costumes/props, mise-en-scene?
– To what extent are you leaving viewer with feeling and thoughts at the end?
– To what extent did you unpack & analyze the Big Idea of your storyline further through Editing using Juxtaposition?
– To what extent did you develop Filmmaking Techniques learned throughout this year? Focus on areas of Cinematography, Sound and Editing.