DUE FRI,MAY 24th by 8pm on GOOGLE SITE ‘DOCUMETARY FEEDBACK’ – MIN. 2-3 SENTENCES FOR EACH WITH SPECIFIC EXAMPLES FROM FILMS
1. What did you particularly like in this film? What did not like and how would you change or improve? BE SPECIFIC: CAMERA, SOUND & EDITING?
2. Of the 5 short documentaries we watched in class listed again below, which do you feel this film draws inspiration from? How? BE SPECIFIC: CAMERA, SOUND & EDITING?
The Art of Making: Flamenca Guitars “https://vimeo.com/43005056
Made by Hand / No 2 The Knife Maker https://vimeo.com/31455885
Varanasi, India: Beyond https://vimeo.com/55246312
Afghanistan: Touchdown in Flight https://vimeo.com/31426899
3. To what extent does this film interweave interviews, multiple forms of narration, found objects, b-roll, re-enactments, statistics, live sounds, foley, sound effects and instruments innovatively and cinematically?
4. To what extent does this film set context, establish story and develop characters?
5. To what extent does this film build empathy and develop convincing arguments from multiple perspectives?
6. To what extent does this film build off prior learned film techniques, self-knowledge and biases – inputting themselves as filmmakers into story?
7. How does this film leave viewer with feeling & thoughts at end? Does it take a stance on big idea backed up with enough supporting evidence?
8. To what extent does this film unpack & analyze a Big Idea and Deconstruct this Big Idea further through Editing using Juxtaposition?
9. To what extent does this film examine Contradictions, & Extraordinary Elements?
10. What skills did you learn the most working on this documentary film? What skills are you still lacking? How might you have taught this documentary unit differently if you were teaching it yourself?