DUE TUES, MAY 28th 8pm on GOOGLE SITE ‘HYBRID GENRE FEEDBACK’ MIN 3-4 SENTENCES FOR EACH WITH SPECIFIC EXAMPLES FROM FILMS.
1. What did you particularly like in this film? What did not like and how would you change or improve? BE SPECIFIC: CAMERA, SOUND & EDITING?
2. How does this film establish each genre conventions & characteristics? Give specific examples relating to genre film watched in class or others.
3. To what extent does this film develop filmmaking techniques learned throughout this year? Be Specific: Cinematography, Sound and Editing
4. To what extent does this film establish context, setting, characters, theme, filmmaking techniques, costumes/props, mise-en-scene?
5. How does this film establish each genre? How does this film leave viewer feeling and thinking at the end?
6. To what extent does this film unpack & analyze the Big Idea of their storyline using genre conventions, characteristics through editing and juxtaposition?
7. What do you find most valuable about genre analysis and studies? How might understanding genre conventions be helpful to you as a filmmaker?
8. Critique how this genre unit was taught in the classroom? What did you find most/least valuable?
9. How might you have taught it differently if you were teaching it yourself?
10. What skills did you learn most working on your hybrid genre film? What skills still lacking? What feedback from fellow classmates was most helpful?