DUE WED 3pm on Google Site ‘Remains of the Day’ Analysis.
Voluntary Assignment (Minor Assessment – Only Improve Your Grade)
1. Today we will begin watching ‘Remains of the Day’ (TRT 2hrs 10mins, so will continue into next class on Tues – please note time-code where we pause). The film is posted on the film server under their block to access and review outside class.
2. While watching to stay focused on one specific area of analysis – CAMERA, SOUND, EDITING, DIRECTING OR SCREENWRITING.
3. Write up a 1-2 page paper focused on this chosen specific area of analysis and allude to 2-3 specific scenes with a shot by shot breakdown.
4. USE FILM LANGUAGE FROM FILM GLOSSARY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE (Refer to Film Glossary post and online Film Terms).
5. Must research the film online and using books. Find 1-3 reviews of the film and site all sources in bibliography MLA format. Must argue for or against a specific point in the critical reviews.
*The film can be found and reviewed on Film Server under your block. Right click on file then open using VLC player.